Hello to returning and new members! We hope you’re having a great summer. The indoor season officially starts the day after Labor Day when our leagues start and reserved court time goes into effect. Remember, we are a “do-it-ourselves” club so we rely on all members to pitch in to help keep it clean. Please pick up after yourself, wash your dishes, take home the garbage and recycling when they’re full, sweep up the fuzz and collect the balls behind the curtains after using the ball machine, etc. Treat the club like we treat our own homes.
Also, it’s important to sign in every time you play (including guests) and to always call the answering service if you are not going to use your reserved court so other members can play. With the new flexibility for court reservations, the sign-in sheet has a new look. It’s very important to note the time you turn off the lights so the next member can be sure they have cooled off 20 minutes before turning them back on (to avoid an even longer wait).
Welcome new members
Please welcome our latest new members to the club: Susan Bach and Diane and Preston Zarlock. Also, two members have upgraded to family memberships adding Amy Bush and Glenn Maue. Please include them in your groups.
Invoices will be mailed the week of August 21st. If you don’t receive it, please contact Carole Lane or our accountants at Philipps Brooks.
If there will be a change in your membership status or if you need to continue your medical leave, it is critical that you contact Carole in writing ASAP. Your membership invoice is due upon receipt (but no later than September 20th). If payment is not received by October 1st, membership privileges will be suspended.
Over the summer, we implemented more flexible time slots (60, 90 and 120-minutes) so members don’t need to reserve two slots totaling three hours to play two hours. In addition, we have been working with the answering service on a new reservation system that will handle this change; speed up the process; minimize input errors; and include email/text confirmations and reminders.
Beginning this fall, when you reserve a court, you’ll be asked:
- How long you’d like to play (60, 90 or 120 minutes)
- What court you are reserving (or next available court)
- The date and time
- Your name only – the system already has our active membership list with emails and cell phone numbers
- You will receive an email and/or text message confirming your reservation and a reminder the day before. If you’d like to change any of these options, please tell the answering service or contact Fred Bristol. If we don’t have your cell phone for the text reminders, please give it to the service or Fred so it can be added for this functionality.
- To save time in making your reservation, please check the online calendar first so you know what time slots are available. The calendar has a different look than our old Google sheet. To become familiar with it, go to http://secure-abbottanswering.net/as/#/vcalendar/A926496D. Navigation controls are in the upper left corner so you can also view by week or day using the arrows to change the date range. Once we go live, the link will be in the usual spot on the website.
- Also, please avoid calling the answering service during their high-volume times between 8:00-8:30am and 4:00-6:00pm Mon-Fri).
The annual election of three open (of nine) board of director seats will be held this fall prior to our annual meeting. If you are interested in serving a three-year term and helping the board keep the club running, please contact Mitch Stenger.
Rosé & Racquets ‘n Beer & Balls
Thanks to our social committee for a great event on June 1st. Don’t miss our next social event which will be held in conjunction with our Annual Meeting later this year.
HAVE A HEALTHY AND ENJOYABLE SEASON!